Emmabuntüs Forum
Collectif pour le réemploi des ordinateurs et distribution Linux basée sur Debian

Accueil -  Tutoriels -  Téléchargements -  Vidéos -  Interviews -  Qui sommes-nous -  Nous contacter -  Soutenir

Problem on Video Thumbnailer. [Solved]

portaro

I need the service of video thumbnailer on Thunar but I cnat find the method to enable this on Emmabuntus.

I try to search Thumblerd , but dont appear on repos.

I install ffmpegthumbnailer but dont change nothing the video previews dont appear.

All i have is simply icons on my folders like this -

What I can do?
« Modifié: mars 22, 2014, 11:37:52 pm par portaro »

Patrick

• Administrator
    • Emmabuntüs The distribution sleek, accessible, equitable

portaro

Have you thumblerd installed? I think this is my problem I cant find him on synaptics.

Other screen

Patrick

• Administrator
No because I don't know this thumblerd or tumblerd.

On my version the package tumbler, libtumbler-1-0 and tumbler-common are installed.

Are you sur for the name thumblerd ? What is ?

portaro

Yes you are in reason thumblerd is the process but the package on xubuntu is called tumbler
http://askubuntu.com/questions/89826/what-is-tumblerd

I try reinstall it on my Emmabuntus on synaptics , but after reboot the scenary is the same - no works -

:'(

portaro

I cant find what is the problem i have all I need to thumbnails of videos and images appear on system , maybe the problem is with thunar or caused by "remove cairo , I dont like cairo dock).

If somebody find a solution please put here because I like if I can have previews of videos and images.

Patrick

• Administrator
If you don't like Cairo, you can disable it on this file : ~/.profile and set the variable Dock_XFCE="0"

But I not think that the problem come for the removing of Cairo, I think the problem is perhaps on the new theme you use ?

portaro

I find the solution , is a problem on permissions of /user/.thumbnails.

Maybe this is a problem that appear after i create my user on system.

I change it folder to user profile and now all works well.

SO then ->

Let me do some considers about This distro, I like the work remaster, I like Kiwix ( and because this I use the distro) but I need to do some tricks to make Kiwix launch out of Cairo.

CAiro is a buggy program I really dont like, eheheh. ;)

So solved problem i hope this can be help others.