Emmabuntüs Forum
Collectif pour le réemploi des ordinateurs et distribution Linux basée sur Debian

Accueil -  Tutoriels -  Téléchargements -  Vidéos -  Interviews -  Qui sommes-nous -  Nous contacter -  Soutenir

Selecting Dock between All / Simple / Kids, Question?

awweeks

Can someone tell me the script from the terminal to run where i can get the orginal Emmabuntus Dock back to my system?  After having problems with the dock, i can't get this option to change it.  I said terminal but if there is any other way to do it, either way will be fine.

I left a similiar topic that Patrick helped me a little with but we could never get the standard dock that was installed to Emmabuntus.

Is anyone familiar with the dock settings that could go in and list me every settings details if you have not adjusted your dock?  You right click anywhere on your bottom cairo-dock and go to cairo-dock>configure and i need the appearance tab and the settings for the view, slide and any other settings that would give me the Emmabuntus special functions.

I am missing games, features, customizations of Emmabuntus and would like to have them back without reinstalling distro to my system.  Thank you!
« Modifié: avril 23, 2016, 01:16:00 pm par awweeks »

Patrick

• Administrator
    • Emmabuntüs The distribution sleek, accessible, equitable
Can you explain your problem ?

Camu you send me a capture of screen of your Dock ?

awweeks

The original dock i can not get it to be the same with all icons and even applications which are hidden from using the applications menu in the upper left menu bar.

Without the original Emmabuntus cairo dock,  alot of the features and application, special touches of Emmabuntus, is not possible to use again!  This is why  i so desire to have it back again because i am losing out, not having it!

awweeks

How do i get to the menu in my first post?  I believe that would solve my problems.

Is that menu only available from the installation of this distro  or can someone tell me the command in terminal to run it again.  It should be simple and easy!

Patrick

• Administrator
I'm sorry but I have no solution for you I sent to you by email in order to terminal, and you do not have administrators that rights in your files. Trying orders I sent by mail, and do not speak English well it is difficult to help.

awweeks

Mr. Patrick,

I wanted to see what is the terminal command to run the type of menu in setting the dock up.

Are you familiar with All, Simple, Kids type of dock?  This is what i am asking!  Do you see what i am asking?

I use chromium browser with the extension to translate language from French to English and i am understand the translation.

I advertise Emmabuntus all the time.  Please tell me how to run that dock setup.  I named the dock old and let the new setup start.  It puts the dock back on but it defaults to cairo's standard setup instead of Emmabuntus's installed one.  Thank you!

Patrick

• Administrator
I have try all solutions for your problem, and I have no more others solutions because I not understand the origin of the problem.

The only solution, if your want a dock of Emmabuntüs, it is the reinstall on a other hard disk, and you can found a other disk and make the test.

To run dock setup of Emmabuntus is this command : /usr/bin/start_cairo_dock.sh
but the problem it is not to run this command it is why the orignal dock of Emmabuntus was disappear and why you can arrive to install in you home directory. For reinstall the dock of Emmabuntus I have send you the command, see in your bow email, because I not have this message.

awweeks

One ? then i leave you alone.

Why can't i run the dock setup command that is given at the first of installation that has radio buttons of all, simple or kids?  When i see the tutorials, it shows that i can do this at anytime!  i need to run that menu.  Someone tell me in the terminal how to run just to see what it will do.

Thank you for your hard work!