Emmabuntüs Forum
Collectif pour le réemploi des ordinateurs et distribution Linux basée sur Debian

Accueil -  Tutoriels -  Téléchargements -  Vidéos -  Interviews -  Qui sommes-nous -  Nous contacter -  Soutenir

emmabuntus-de-i386-jessie-1.01: pas de mobile broadband par USB?

emmacub

Bonjour,

je suis un newbie avec emmabuntus et mon commande de Francais est pauvre. De ce fait:

I like emmabuntus-de-i386-jessie-1.01 that runs presently for testing on a live USB stick with my amd64 notebook. I intend to install emmabuntus on my ancient x86 Windows XP PC. So far, everthing, including WiFi/wlan runs smoothly, except:

My USB  stick Huawei E173 Aldi/MedionMobile modem does not connect, in contrast to Ubuntu and Debian which run smoothly with this wwan modem. Also, in contrast to Ubuntu and Debian there is no menu I could connect it  :(

Details:

With nm-connection-editor it is easy with emmabuntus to set up my mobile connection, it goes exactly as it would with Ubuntu or Debia, i.e., I choose Add new mobile bradband connection > Country > choose Aldi/MedionMobile from the upcoming list > choose my plan etc. So far so good. The connection details look exactly as in Ubuntu or Debian.

However, contrary to these distros this connection does not appear when I klick the netwok icon on the upper task bar right (nm-applet), the connection is not there, nothing to activate  >:(

How could this be done with emmabuntus?

Thank you et merci,

emmacub
« Modifié: novembre 07, 2016, 07:50:33 pm par emmacub »

Patrick

• Administrator
    • Emmabuntüs The distribution sleek, accessible, equitable
We are not all time on line, this is not Micro$oft online help :)

For your problem, I am not a Mobile modem USB to make this test, but we can try this on terminal :
sudo service network-manager restart

emmacub

Thank you, and sorry for the disturbance! I am not an essential Micro$oft user either, I use predominantly Ubuntu and Debian.

Of course, I tried your sudo service network-manager restart before I posted, without success. But it did not help. Is there anybody in the emmabuntus development team who tested the USB modem thing? (It works in Ubuntu and Debian). Would this not be great for regions where there is no access to WifI but to a 2G/3G network?

Thanks,

emmacub

Patrick

• Administrator
I try to contact Yobé on Togo this week-end to make a test with Emmabuntüs DE, because they used a USB modem on Emmabuntüs 3, but for the moment Togo team not used Emmabuntüs DE.

emmacub

Thank you! I just tried to get Emmabuntus3-desktop-14.04.4-1.03.iso working as live USB, but in contrast to Emmabuntüs DE I cannot get it booting. I would have loved to test it.

emmacub

...they used a USB modem on Emmabuntüs 3...
Excellent tip  :D I managed now to test Emmabuntus3-desktop-14.04.4-1.03 live on USB and... voila, easy connecting to the internet using my 3G USB dongle; just as easy and convenient as with Xubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian Jessie. Too bad this does not work with emmabuntus-de-i386-jessie-1.01  :'(

Patrick

• Administrator